1.01.2011

1/365

Happy New Year!

I don't do resolutions.  I don't follow through because I quickly realize that I'm just setting myself up for failure.  "Resolutions are for quitters" we saw on a greeting card somewhere.  It is so true.  I swear I see the humor in that. 

If I resolve to do anything, it's going to be to do more of the things that I love.  Paint, draw, teach, write, sing, take pictures, laugh, smile, read, cook, dream... those sorts of easy things that soothe the soul and calm the nerves.  That's what I resolve to do:  more smiley happy things and to make the most of those smiley happy moments.  Sounds simple.  It's not going to be. 

I've read on blogs and in magazine articles about many different people and their many different artistic projects.  One of which is "A Photo a Day for 365 Days."  I don't know who started it so I can't give proper credit, but today is the perfect day to start such a project.  So, here I go.  A photo a day for 365 days. 
I realize that I may not complete this project.  I must also realize that most of the photos added will either be of random things at home, the furry children, or insanely random snapshots taken on the glorious iPhone of Happiness.  However, my goal is to learn more about photography & Photoshop while also getting out of my rut of doing absolutely nothing that I truly love to do. 

Maybe next year it will a painting a day...or a movie a day... or I know, I know!  A dessert a day.  Yeah... I'll resolve to do that for the year that the world is supposed to come to an end. 
If it's gonna end in 2012, let's end it with dessert!! :)

Work may get in the way.
School may get in the way.
Lack of motivation may get in the way.
Many photographs may be terrible.
I may not Photoshop all of them.
I will certainly over-process many of them.
I'll probably skip a day or two...or a week or two.
I will probably change the name of my bloggy blog...maybe to "Bloggy Blog."
I may never share my bloggy blog.
Nobody may give a crap-a-doodle.
I do.
Isn't that really all that matters?  I talk to myself in my head all the time.  :)

Here's to 365 days of doing (and improving) something that I absolutely love.

1.  I'm starting off very simple with Doggie Doodle in the Backyard

3 comments:

  1. first of all: I care and I thought about doing the 365 pictures a day, then I realized a) i murdered my camera by drowning the poor old thing b)I rarely finish anything and this seemed like a huge project c)i seriously doubt I could finish it.
    anyways, i talk to myself all the time, only I talk out loud and most of the time the husband is saying, "whaaaat-what are you mumbling to yourself?" And I like the tentative new name to your blog...i think its cute. ummm-i really gotta go get ready to head across town to go watch the last movie of my Christmas vacation....and also I am rambling and NOTHING good comes out of a rambler!
    later see you in gator country!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe.... too bad the nasty patio is in the background...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin... you crack me up. I'm sorry about your camera. I know how much love taking pictures (and you take beautiful pictures). Hope you had fun at your last movie!!

    Naomi... I know, right?! The Dogbert is so pretty, though. :)

    ReplyDelete